LOCATION:IDVA Local Solutions Head Office
This is an exciting opportunity to play a role with a leading Health and Social Care Charity. Our MISSION is to Build Resilience, Raise Aspiration, and Improve Lives.
Our work is focused on serving the communities within the Liverpool City Region and North Wales, we are guided by our VISION of a society in which all people can live with dignity, lead fulfilled lives and realise their potential.
You will take on the role of Domestic Abuse Service Volunteer Coordinator
We are looking for someone:
- To provide support service to individuals who have been impacted by Domestic Abuse.
- To supervise a team of volunteers
- To provide follow on emotional support on a one to one basis
- To provide advice, guidance and support to enable people to recognise the impact of Domestic Abuse on emotional wellbeing
- Who has direct work experience working with people impacted by Domestic Abuse
- Who has excellent Domestic Abuse coaching skills.
- Who has knowledge of Safeguarding and Health and Safety
- An understanding of Volunteer policies and procedures including risk assessments
- Liaise with departments within Local Solutions
- maintain databases and undertake any other administrative duties
- provide one to one sessions with individuals impacted by Domestic Abuse
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to deal with a diverse range of people
- An empathy with volunteers and an understanding of their needs
- IT and Administrative skills and ability to maintain records and produce clear written and Oral reports
- Experience of working across different sectors and developing links with other agencies
- Flexible and non-judgemental approach to people and work
- Provide all staff with a Free Enhanced DBS.
- Employee Discount Voucher Scheme.
- Discount Staff Scheme with Merseygarages.
- Access to a full Employee Assistance Programme.
- Access to Medicash.
- Opportunity to utilise E-Learning and gain further knowledge and skills.
- Personal development promoted and funded NVQ’s available.
- £50 Refer a friend scheme.
- Flexi time available with some roles.
- 20% discount for our Watersports Centre.
- Annual awards for nominated employees.
- Annual leave starts at 23 days allowance rising to 30 days plus 10 bank holidays.
- 20 discount off a Corporate Membership at Lifestyles Leisure Centres
Post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure. CVs are not accepted.
Closing date for receipt of completed applications:
23rd July 2020 11:59pm