The IDVA (independent domestic violence advisors) service is provided to male and females in the Liverpool area who have been identified as being at HIGH RISK of ongoing domestic abuse. Our aim is to provide a short/medium term service, to reduce the risk of domestic abuse and minimise the harmful effects that domestic abuse can have on individuals and families.
Who are we and what we do
- We are an independent service supporting high risk domestic abuse survivors.
- We aim to reduce risk and repeat victimisation in order to reduce further incidents.
- We work in partnership with a range of services to provide the best support to all clients.
- We provide advocacy and signposting on behalf of clients to other agencies.
- We take referrals from the Police, Social Services and other multi agencies referring into the Multi Agency Risk Assessment Conference (MARAC).
What we provide;
- Crisis intervention involving creating safety plans and undertaking risk assessments
- Helping clients to access refuge accommodation or increase security in their property so that they can continue to live safely at home
- Advice on legal options
- Support through the court process
- Representation at the MARAC
- Referral to other helpful agencies for specific support and advice
IDVA also has a designated Young Persons Worker, supporting females and males aged between 16-24.