Cherry tree is an Extra Care scheme, supporting people with dementia to live as independently as possible. The scheme comprises of 10 self-contained flats with on-site support.
The scheme also contains communal areas such as a lounge, kitchen, garden, laundry and activity room where residents can socialise with each other and their visitors and take part in stimulating and leisure activities. The team of staff facilitate seasonal events and celebrations for residents and their loved ones to take part in if they wish.
Support provided can include:
- Supporting individuals and their family members to live well with dementia
- Personal care tasks such as washing, bathing, oral hygiene
- Dressing and undressing
- Getting in and out of bed
- Moving around your home safely
- Support to access local amenities
- Preparation and service of meals
- Support to eat meals that meet your nutritional needs
- Support to manage prescribed medication
- Support to maintain a clean and tidy home
- Support with laundry tasks
- Support to look after pets
- Support to manage your finances such as budgeting, collection of pension, payment of bills
- Support to engage in social activities
- Companionship and interaction to allow unpaid carers time away from their caring role
Referral to Cherry Tree Extra Care must be via Social Services.
Cherry Tree House
95 - 119 Cherry Tree Road