- Help us to improve lives
Local Solutions is a charity that delivers services across Merseyside & North Wales. Established in 1974, we have a proven track record of improving the quality of life for vulnerable and excluded people.
Some of the ways we do this include:
- Helping homeless people to become resettled & active within the community through our homelessness provision e.g. hostels and supported lodgings
- Providing safety & security to victims of domestic abuse and their families with specialist services
- Supporting people who are caring for family members, friends or neighbours in our dedicated Carers Centre
- Promoting independence and quality of life for disabled people at our Shopmobility services in Liverpool city centre
- Providing support to children, parents and families who have been affected by bullying through our Bullybusters initiative
- Supporting those affected by hardship and debt through our money advice service
In all of its work, Local Solutions seeks to improve people's quality of life and promote their resilience.
What can you do?
The incredible work Local Solutions does wouldn’t be possible without the support of individuals, businesses, the community and charitable trusts. There are plenty of ways you can support us & you can even choose what project receives your contribution.
Our work is funded through a variety of sources, however, with a decreasing amount of government spending mixed with an increasing number of people needing our help, we are relying on public donations more than ever.
Some of the things your donations could help towards include:
One of the ways you can donate is on our JustGiving page at
Fundraise for us
You can help make a difference to our many projects by organising your own fundraising event.
This could be anything from a sponsored marathon or skydive to a coffee morning with friends or colleagues. Whatever you decide to do, we can help by providing advice and support.
Leaving a gift in your will is very generous & could make an enormous difference to the work we do. Legacy gifts can be targeted at one or several of our projects and will be used to sustain and enrich the services we provide.
Local Solutions is part of Legacy Liverpool which is a campaign that encourages people to leave a gift in their will to charities/voluntary organisations working across Merseyside. For more information visit www.legacyliverpool.org.uk
There are many advantages to businesses who decide to get involved in helping to raise funds for Local Solutions. Not only can it help with your Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) strategy but it can also present the opportunity to improve staff morale and build relationships with the local community.
If you own or work for a business and would like to get involved in our organisation, there are plenty of ways to do so. Some examples include:
· Making us your charity of the year;
· Sponsoring an event or project this not only helps us to provide the best service possible but it can also help you to increase brand awareness in the local area;
· Sponsored events these can also present excellent team building opportunities
· Staff volunteering opportunities—utilising the skills of your workforce for the good of the community;
If you would like to find out more information about fundraising & what you can do to help, please contact the communications team:
Mount Vernon Green, Hall Lane, Liverpool, L7 8TF
Tel: 0151 709 0990