Who are we and what we do
- We are an independent service supporting high risk domestic abuse survivors.
- We aim to reduce risk and repeat victimisation in order to reduce further incidents.
- We work in partnership with a range of services to provide the best support to all clients.
- We provide advocacy and signposting on behalf of clients to other agencies.
- We take referrals from the Police, Social Services and other multi agencies referring into the Multi Agency Risk Assessment Conference (MARAC).
What we provide;
- Crisis intervention involving creating safety plans and undertaking risk assessments
- Helping clients to access refuge accommodation or increase security in their property so that they can continue to live safely at home
- Advice on legal options
- Support through the court process
- Representation at the MARAC
- Referral to other helpful agencies for specific support and advice
IDVA also has a designated Young Persons Worker, supporting females and males aged between 16-24.