Liverpool Carers Centre delivers a city wide community based programme of activities and training that ensures a range of support is available to unpaid carers in Liverpool. This focuses on helping to reduce the negative impact of the caring role and promotes carers’ health and wellbeing.
We work closely with other organisations, businesses and service to help achieve this.
We offer a range weekly and monthly activities and training throughout the year which could be based at the Carers Centre or at one of our community based outreach hubs. Some of these activities include:
Confidence building courses
- Calming Crafts
- Yoga and Relaxation
- Monthly Carer Support Groups
- Coffee and Chat Drop In
- Computer Classes
- Cookery Classes
- ...and much more.
We are regularly adding new activities and training courses so to get the latest information of what’s going on this month, May
Local Solutions works to promote the use of Life Enhancing Technologies (LETs) to encourage Carers and the people they care for to take control of their own health and wellbeing. We raise awareness of technologies available which can help to make everyday life easier and gives carers peace of mind. We also encourage carers to take advantage of opportunities in their community, as well as utilise the facilities at the Carers centre, including the Carers Wellness Zone and various healthy lifestyle and wellbeing activities.
Examples of the technologies include:
- A fall detector which alerts a 24 hour helpline monitoring centre
- A bogus caller panic button which, when pressed, discreetly alerts a 24 hour helpline monitoring centre
- A voice prompt, which can be located near your front door with a pre-recorded message of your choice to prompt you with essential reminders.
Liverpool Carers Forum aims to ensure that carers have a voice across the city and that there is a mechanism for carers to participate and be involved in decision-making processes across statutory, independent and voluntary sector organisations.
Membership of the Forum is open to carers and former carers who:
- Are resident in Liverpool
- Care for a person who resides in Liverpool
- Have an interest in service provision for carers
- Represent specific carers groups